Thursday 5 April 2012

End of a busy term

So that's another term's teaching out of the way.  Just a rehearsal with some soloists for a concert in June and then I can relax for a few days.

Or can I? 

 

Can I really relax and switch off?    Can a freelance musician with music to prepare for a concert in 8 weeks, piano part to practice for a show in 3 weeks, organ to practice for a family wedding in 3 weeks, music to prepare for next term's exam work and a script for next year's panto to read (Come on Ian, it was promised by the end of March!)  really switch off and relax.

Well on this occasion I think I can!    I know I need to, but I'm not very good at it.  But we are going away to visit family over Easter, and so I will not have a piano to hand, no computer with Sibelius waiting impatiently to write a few more bars of orchestrations. I do have access to and organ if I see fit to do a bit of practice, and maybe that would be a bit of light relief from the normal day (!) job.  But a nice relaxing weekend.

And then my wife's birthday surprise on Monday, which she knows almost nothing about, apart from the fact that we are leaving the girls at Nana's and I'm taking her for a surprise.

So hopefully it can be a good relaxing weekend.  I need it, to finally recover from this pharyngitis, and recharge the batteries.

Later vocal folks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment